Who We Are
Clients say “Righter Insurance provides the HR support that a small business usually cannot afford to keep in house”.
Our experienced staff are passionate about helping you find the right benefits at the price you can afford.
We will keep you informed
every step of the way.
Righter Insurance is dedicated to reducing the uninsured in New Mexico and Texas by providing benefit choices that meet the needs and budgets for groups and individuals regardless of income.
Righter Insurance, LLC is celebrating nearly 20 years as a small business. While the office is located in Albuquerque, the agency travels statewide to serve our clients in NM and TX. The organization began in January 2001, when Debra Righter resigned as the Executive Director of the New Mexico Health Insurance Alliance (NMHIA), which she grew from 3,500 lives to over 10,000 in less than two years. Debra has nearly 30 years experience in the healthcare industry including healthcare delivery, carrier, and agency systems in both rural and urban settings.
We penetrated several industry markets with State Coverage Insurance including: daycares, assisted living centers and home healthcare agencies, restaurants, hospitality, convenience stores, legal, medical and mental health, construction, nurseries, farming, non-profits, and several other businesses of all sizes. We now serve our clients in both NM and TX with both the Federally Facilitated Marketplace as well as many group options.
- In-depth knowledge of health care industry from the delivery side, the carrier side, and the agency side.
- 50+ years experience in both rural and urban settings.
- Providing comprehensive benefit packages to employer groups; health, dental, vision, life, disability, and voluntary work site products which include accident, critical illness, cancer, and gap.
- Mass enrollment capabilities up to 1,000 lives / month.
- Responsiveness to consumer and full administrative support to group administrators.
- Staff commitment, flexibility, and passion.
- Developing future insurance professionals.
We are active in the community, belonging to our professional associations and supporting several non-profit organizations through service and fiduciary means, including:
- Rotary Club of Albuquerque del Norte
- National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) – NM Chapter
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) – NM Chapter